Principles of Operation
A rod sensor or tuning fork level sensor is excited piezo-electrically and vibrates at its resonant frequency. The frequency changes when the fork enters/leaves the medium and this change is detected and converted into a switching command.
Advantages of Vibrating Tuning Fork Level Switches
• Reliable point level switching
• Set up without adjustment to medium
• High repeat accuracy
• Mounting possible in any position
• No moving parts
• Independent of medium characteristics
Limitations of Vibrating Tuning Fork Level Switches
• May be prone to material buildup between the tines causing inaccuracies
© iCenta 2017. Specialists in precision flow meters, level sensors, instrumentation & control.