The Magflow meter offers a number of advantages which make it one of the most popular options for velocity flow measurement:
• No moving parts with nothing projecting into the flow stream
• Good accuracy (0.5 to 1%)
• Virtually no pressure drop
• Can be used in pipes of almost any size
• Can handle flows with high level of solids
• Support a variety of liners for specific applications eg sanitary liners for hygienic applications, inert liners for corrosive liquids
• Insensitive to fluid viscosity, specific gravity, temperature and pressure (within certain limitations)
• Will work with laminar, turbulent, and transitional flows
• Relatively short straight-run requirements
A Summary of the Magflux Range
Magnetic Flow Sensor for Low Flow Volumes down to 3 l/h. Particularly suitable for measuring the flow of extremely small quantities, especially in dosing, proportioning and batching systems.
• Lowest measuring ranges: 5 – 110 l/h with constant field or 3 – 110 l/h with alternating field
• Inside diameter (metering tube): 2 – 12 mm
• Very low minimum conductivity: 10 μS/cm with constant field or 0.1 μS/cm with alternating field
Light Weight yet High Performance Magmeter for Pipe Sizes from DN15 to DN100. An extremely robust design with a compact, lightweight construction, the Magflow S can be installed in plastic pipes without the need for reinforcement.
• Extremely compact and light-weight design
• Suitable for installation in plastic or steel pipes
• No additional earthing required
• Choice of PVC or PVDF liner
Rugged Process Flow Sensor with a Flow Transmitter Supplied Separately or as a Compact Unit. A solid, welded steel, precision flow sensor with dedicated flow transmitter for industrial applications, including media such as sludge, pulp and paste.
• Pipe sizes from DN15 up to DN2000 available
• Pressure up to 250 bar
• Choice of liner materials: hard rubber, soft rubber, PTFE, specials on request
• Various connection types and materials available
For a complete flow meter, Magflux flow sensors must be combined with a Magflux M1 flow transmitter, either mounted remotely or directly on the sensor (remote option only for Magflux F5).
Smart Flow Transmitter for use with Magflux Flow Sensors
• High-speed signal processing by 16-bit microcontroller
• Easy navigation with optional display for flow volume & velocity and keypad
• Analog output (0/4-20 mA with HART option) and digital outputs (pulse, device status, limit, frequency)
• Internal simulation for all output valuesA microprocessor controlled, programmable flow transmitter for liquids with a minimum conductivity of 3 μS/cm and flow velocities up to 10 m/s.